Wednesday 18 January 2012

Story of (my) art

Everyone loves drawing, there's pretty much no exception, you would've drawn when you were young to pass the time, or perhaps now, for a profession, or as a hobby. Either way, drawing would of been a part of your life...For me, art played a part in my life, from a young age I was sent to art class, i could draw rather well, if i ever had free time id do it, my art had been in some children's galleries as well as in the newspapers. Now, however, the last time i drew was probably two or three months ago...So, why? Why was it as when i was a child, i had continued to draw almost every single day, yet now, things are quite the opposite. I've realized that every time I've drawn, i had been either watching or reading something. At first i had assumed "inspiration! Exactly what i need!" It had explained everything, when i was reading, I felt the image burned into my head, character development, the setting, expression, emotion, perfectly molded into place, all i needed to do is place it down on paper. But i couldn't, i simply couldn't. Perhaps i was scared of failure? Perhaps i had set my expectations too high? Or maybe I decided that it should stayed where it belonged, away from this form of art. Most people would think me weird and strange to what I feel and my opinion, when one of us reads a book, most of the descriptions are usually different in each others heads. I don't see the need to express this on paper and show everyone what my vision really is. Perhaps its just a phase for me. I don't know, but you must know, every-time i try, I cant. One second its pictured perfectly, next second. It's gone. It's almost impossible unless i start at a dot at a time. I really wish i could change this, expressing my feelings through art is possibly the main way, and easiest way i present my ideas to others. I don't know if any artists reading this have gone through his phase (most likely not, seems so strange and unique to me). I sometimes think its just other distractions, if i really tried, i guess i could be able to draw.

No comments:

Post a Comment